WSU Libraries - Our Vision, Mission, Values, and Strategic Plan
The WSU Libraries are vital to the teaching, learning, research, and outreach mission of the University.
We aspire to exceed the needs and expectations of the WSU community by:
- Selecting, organizing, preserving, and providing access to sources of knowledge in all formats.
- Designing and delivering information services to support our public land‐grant university.
- Providing environments for individual and collaborative discovery, study and learning.
- Offering instructional services to promote information literacy and lifelong learning.
The Washington State University Libraries serve the evolving needs of teaching and learning, research and service for the University and provide opportunities for the lifelong learning of the citizens of the state.
- We value communication that is open, creative, consultative and responsive to individual differences and user and organizational needs.
- We value trust, openness, integrity, and respect which allow individuals to work productively and effectively so both the individual and the organization thrive.
- We value our collective knowledge, experience, and skills and utilize them to work at our fullest potential to provide service to users.
- We value the opportunity for each member of the WSU Libraries to be both a leader and a follower.
- To meet the challenges of a continually changing academic and information environment, we embrace innovative thinking and flexibility. We approach our work cooperatively and with a good sense of humor.
After completing the strategic planning process, the Washington State University Libraries Strategic Plan, 2014-2019 is now available.
WSU Libraries employees may view historical planning documents in their shared internal strategic planning documents repository [login and password required].