Purpose: Education Leadership materials acquired at Washington State University should support the Educational Leadership academic program at the Master’s and Doctoral (E.d.D./Ph.D.) levels in the College of Education, as well as its Principal and Superintendent certification programs.
Although there is some overlap with higher education subject coverage, the emphasis of the education leadership collection is on materials pertaining to educational leadership in K-12 schools, including school management and administration, educational policy, educational law, curriculum and program planning, and school finance.General Collection Guidelines:
- Languages: English is the primary language of the collection. Works written in other languages ordinarily are purchased only in English translation.
- Chronological Guidelines: Emphasis is on K-12 educational leadership in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. Materials on other periods are added on a selective basis.
- Geographical Guidelines: A primary emphasis is on K-12 educational leadership in public schools the United States. A secondary emphasis is on educational leadership in Canada, Great Britain, and Mexico. Materials on the comparative educational leadership of schools in other geographic areas are added on a selective basis.
- Treatment of Subject: Popular-level materials and graduate-level textbooks may be selectively acquired.
- Types of Materials: Format is usually of secondary concern to content. Most materials acquired are monographs or serials in hard copy or electronic format. Proceedings of symposia and international congresses, and annual reports of private or quasi-public agencies, including foundations, are purchased selectively. Items such as indexes, abstracts, periodical articles, encyclopedias, etc. may be purchased in electronic format when pricing and ease of use make this an appropriate medium. Statistical information and government information related to educational leadership may also be collected as part of the broader Education collections.
- Date of Publication: Primary emphasis is on materials published since 1995. Retrospective purchasing is very selective.
School Facilities C(1)
School Finance C(1)
School Management and Organization C(1) / B
School Personnel C(1)
Teacher Training and Evaluation (in-service) C(1)