Hospitality Business Management
Purpose: To support teaching and research at the undergraduate (BA) level of Hospitality Business Management and Wine Business Management and Master's of Business Administration (MBA) level and faculty research in Pullman and at the School of Hospitality Business Management Swiss Center in Brig, Switzerland. The programs provide specialized study of the major organizational and administrative problems of the hotel, restaurant and tourism industries, at the national and international levels. Courses are also provided on foods, cooking, culinary management and catering.
While interest in the programs is centered in the College of Business, relevant materials are also of interest to the faculty and students of other university areas such as the College of Communication.General Collection Guidelines:
- Languages: English or English translation. Foreign language materials are purchased on a very selective basis.
- Chronological Guidelines: Current research and development are emphasized. Retrospective purchasing is selective.
- Geographical Guidelines: Emphasis is on the United States; however no region is excluded.
- Treatment of the Subject: Research publications such as analytical treatments, empirical research reports and statistical data sources by bureaus of business and economic research and other specialized research bureaus, both public and private, are extensively acquired. Works on theory and practice are acquired extensively. Popular treatments and textbooks are acquired selectively.
- Types of Material: Materials acquired are in the form of books, electronic books, periodicals, indexes, electronic databases, legal and tax services, government documents and corporate data.
- Date of Publication: Emphasis is on currently published materials. Retrospective purchasing is selective
- Other General Considerations: In addition to state and national documents, the WSU Libraries documents collection has United Nations, Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development and World Tourism Organization documents which are of importance to students and faculty working with international aspects of Hospitality Business Management. WSU has an academic membership in the U.S. Travel Data Center.