Engineering: Biological Systems
Purpose: The collection in Biological Systems Engineering supports teaching and research at the undergraduate and graduate level. Concern for this field is primarily centered in the Department of Biological Systems Engineering. However, specific areas will be of interest to faculty and students in other programs, schools and departments, including but not limited to Basic Medical Sciences (WWAMI); Biochemistry and Biophysics, Bioengineering; Chemical Engineering; Civil and Environmental Engineering; Crop and Soil Sciences; Electrical Engineering and Computer Science; Food Science and Human Nutrition; Mechanical and Materials Engineering; Neuroscience; and Veterinary and Comparative Anatomy, Pharmacology and Physiology.
Degree programs supported are:
Agricultural Education (Vocational Agriculture) (Library materials in Brain Education Library)
Bachelor of Science in Biological Systems Engineering
Master of Science in Agriculture
Master of Science in Engineering in Food Engineering or Water-Soil-Environmental Engineering
Doctorate of Engineering Science in Food Engineering or Water-Soil-Environmental Engineering
- Languages: English is the primary language of the collection. Works originally in other languages are purchased only in English translation.
- Chronological Guidelines: Primarily the last 100 years.
- Geographical Guidelines: Not applicable.
- Treatment of the Subject: Undergraduate textbooks are not ordinarily purchased. Advanced level textbooks and popular works are purchased selectively.
- Types of Material: Most materials acquired, whether print or electronic, are in the form of monographs and periodicals. Included are reference works; proceedings/transactions of congresses, societies and symposia; and selected government documents.
- Date of Publication: Primarily the past five years, though earlier publications may be sought. In the case of non-current publications there is ordinarily no preference given to original printings or editions.
Veterinary Medicine/Veterinary Science
Engineering: Civil and Environmental