Purpose: To support general teaching, research, and undergraduate education in the sciences and scientific literacy. . Material may be of interest to all departments in the sciences and some departments in other colleges such as History, Philosophy, Sociology, and Computer Science.General Collection Guidelines:
- Languages: English is the primary language of the collection. Purchases are also made in other major languages. Classic works in science may be obtained in the original language as well as in translation to English.
- Chronological Guidelines: No exclusions.
- Geographical Guidelines: No exclusions.
- Treatment of the Subject: Textbooks and popular works are acquired selectively.
- Types of Material: Most materials acquired are in the form of books and periodicals, whether print or electronic; this includes encyclopedias, dictionaries, proceedings/transactions of congresses, societies and symposia, and selected government documents.
- Date of Publication: Emphasis is on current imprints with selected acquisition of older materials.