- This procedure describes the process for combining quiz sets into an assessment. To create a pool of questions from which a subset will be drawn see Link this, Course Assessments - Creating a Question Pool
- Begin at the Learning Object Repository , on the leftmost toolbar
- Click on a repository name (e.g. Library Repository Pullman or your own personal repository)
- Navigate to Assessments / Course Assessments
Obs.: Collaboration with courses will span multiple semesters. A clean shared space will be maintained by using the following structure in the Course Assessments directory:
Course Name / Course Name Semester Year / content. e.g.: World Civ 111 / World Civ 111 Fall 2011 / World Civ 111 Quiz.
- Click on "Add Content"
Click "Folder" to create a folder for the course
- All assessments, quizzes and essays for the course are to be placed here
- Name the folder according to the course name, e.g. "Geology 101"
- Click on "Add Content"
- Select Assessment
Fill in page settings
- Title: create a name for the assessment
- Click on "Advanced" radio button to enable the HTML editor
- Add quiz instructions to the "Page Text" area. These will be visible to the student before beginning the assignment. E. g.: "This quiz is included as part of your grade for the course. Each question has only one correct answer"
- The "View Restrictions" start and end dates control what appears to the student. It does not make an assessment or tutorial able to be interacted with, that function is controlled using the Interaction tab.
- It is recommended to leave the start and end dates in the "Access" tab alone
- In "View Restrictions" section, set the "Viewable By" option to Members
- Do not modify "Delivery settings" at this point, they will be assigned once the assessment has been published into a course
"Display Settings" section
- Select "Question at a time"
"Question Set Defaults" section
- Check "Randomize the order in which questions are delivered"
- Check "Randomize the order of each question's answer options"
"Submission Settings" section
- Set the number of Attempts Allowed
- Deselect all feedback options except Overall score, as displayed below
- Content tab
Select "Add Question"
- Do not click "Add Question Set"
- Select Copy Questions from an assessment (there are other options available, though this should be the standard one)
Use the Choose Assessment dropdown box to select the appropriate quiz set
- Click "Go" button
- Select the questions that you need to copy or use the "select all on this page" option
- Click "Ok" button
- To combine questions from additional sets, repeat steps 12-16