CATALOGING ADVISORY WORKING GROUP
- To facilitate a coordinated approach to cataloging at the WSU Libraries
- To address issues related to cataloging priorities as they relate to library-wide goals
- To keep the Cataloging unit informed on public service and collection development needs related to cataloging.
- To share information related to Cataloging unit activities with the appropriate library units
Membership to be appointed by Assistant Dean of Libraries:
- Head of Technical Services (ex officio)
- One rep from Technical Services (2 year term)
- Head of Collection Development (ex-officio)
- Collection Manager from Sciences, representing Owen, Ag Sci and Animal Health (ex-officio)
- Collection Manager from Hum/Soc, representing Holland, Education and Architecture (ex-officio)
- One representative from the Regional campus libraries, representing all regional campus libraries (4 year term)
- One representative from Research Services (3 year term)
The representative members are appointed for 2-4 year terms, as noted above.
The Cataloging Advisory Working Group reports to the Assistant Dean of Libraries. The working group will select its own chair for a minimum 6 month term of office and will meet regularly or as needed. The group will coordinate its activities with other working groups and library departments, as warranted. Working groups will establish procedures and make policy within the scope of their responsibilities. Working groups are accountable for their decisions and are expected to share decisions with library colleagues using the standard working groups procedure. Any proposals generated by a working group that require funding for implementation must be referred to Assistant Dean of Libraries for funding approval. Similarly, any proposals with very broad policy implications also need Assistant Dean of Libraries approval. The chair of the working group is expected to update Assistant Dean of Libraries on its activities on a regular basis.
- Coordinate the development of an overall plan for cataloging at the WSU Libraries
- Advise the Cataloging unit in setting priorities
- Work on grants for cataloging
- Work with the Web WG on issues relating to cataloging and the online catalog
- Communicate about cataloging issues with appropriate entities
APPROVED BY LC 12/8/99; revised 5/24/00; revised 9/27/00; eliminated AD for Coll & Systems Svcs and revised terms of membership narrative 7/11/01; revised 9-11-02; Bib Control unit name changed to Cataloging on chart and narrative 6/4/03; AD's title changed to AD for Collections & Technical Services 4/28/04; deleted reference to LAWG in specific charge #2 4/28/04; new membership list and new terms approved 6/2/04; membership revision 10/27/04