CIRCULATION WORKING GROUP
- To address issues related to the circulation of the Libraries' collection, including use of the Griffin Circulation/Reserve/Booking modules.
- To address issues related to access to the physical collections within the Libraries.
- To coordinate Reserve collections and services system-wide.
Membership to be appointed by LC:
- Circulation system-wide coordinator
- Holland Circulation Supervisor
- 1 representative from each of the Pullman campus library units using the Circulation system
- At least 1 representative from the WSU urban campus libraries
- 1 representative reference librarian
The representative members serve one year terms.
Governance:The Circulation Working Group reports to the Assistant Director for Public Services & Outreach. The working group will select its own chair for a 6 month minimum term of office and will meet regularly or as needed. The group will coordinate its activities with other working groups and library departments, as warranted. Working groups will establish procedures and make policy within the scope of their responsibilities. Working groups are accountable for their decisions and are expected to share decisions with library colleagues using the standard working groups procedure. Any proposals generated by a working group that require funding for implementation must be referred to Library Council for funding approval. Similarly, any proposals with very broad policy implications also need Library Council approval. The chair of the working group is expected to update Library Council on its activities on a regular basis.
- To develop consistent Circulation policies system-wide.
- To develop and maintain standardized processes, practices, and documentation system-wide.
- To coordinate the activities related to the use of the Griffin Circulation/Reserve/Booking modules.
- To make all Circulation services user-oriented and efficient.
- To insure that all Circulation staff develop expertise using the Griffin Circulation/Reserve/Booking modules and are kept informed about upgrades and enhancements to these modules.
- To recommend enhancements to the Griffin Circulation/Reserve/Booking modules to be communicated to Innovative Interfaces Inc.
- To share information and expertise related to stack maintenance issues.
- To address copyright issues, current and evolving, that pertain to library circulation.
APPROVED by Library Council, 6/24/98
(Membership revised 11/10/99; Rev 9/20/00; Rev 7/18/01; Membership revised 9-11-02)