COPY SERVICES WORKING GROUP -- DISBANDED 9-11-02 -- Library Council will appoint a task force when copy service issues warrant.
- To coordinate copying and public printing.
- To address issues related to the various types of copying available to library users and library staff.
- To address issues related to copyright laws and licensing agreements as they pertain to copying and printing within the Libraries.
Membership to be appointed by Library Council:
- One representative each from the following units:
- Holland Microforms unit
- Media Materials & Reserves / Manuscripts, Archives and Special Collections
- Library Administrative Office
- Owen/Fischer Ag Science
- Education/Architecture/Health Sciences
- ILL / Extended Campus Library Services / Distance Degree Library Services
- Holland Public Services
- Two at-large interested library employees
The representative members serve two year terms.
Governance:The working group will select its own chair for an appropriate term of office and will meet regularly or as needed. The group will coordinate its activities with other working groups and library departments, as warranted. Working groups will establish procedures and make policy within the scope of their responsibilities. Working groups are accountable for their decisions and are expected to share decisions with library colleagues using the standard working groups procedure. Any proposals generated by a working group that require funding for implementation must be referred to Library Council for funding approval. Similarly, any proposals with very broad policy implications also need Library Council approval. The chair of the working group is expected to update Library Council on its activities on a regular basis.
APPROVED by Library Council 9/2/98; membership revised 7/5/00; DISBANDED 9-11-02
- Coordinate the development of a library-wide plan for public copying and printing services including microform reader-printers, public service copiers, color printers, etc.
- Work closely with Systems Office personnel.
- Review budgetary issues of copy services.
- Coordinate purchase of unit office copiers.
- Gather information on available new technologies for public copying and printing.
- Coordinate and disseminate information pertaining to copyright issues in public copying and printing.