AD HOC TASK FORCE ON MAPS AND SPATIAL DATA/GIS
May 12, 1999
- Review and evaluate the current status of maps in the WSU Libraries with respect to scope of collections, quality of storage conditions, and accessibility to users;
- Review the current status of spatial data/GIS services in the WSU Libraries;
- Conduct a needs assessment to determine current and anticipated use of spatial data/GIS and maps to meet user needs;
- Consider options for reaching appropriate level of service;
- Analyze the impact of each option on library budget, services, and user needs in light of overall library priorities;
- Formulate and prioritize recommendation(s) for spatial data/GIS and for maps collection development, storage, and accessibility;
This Ad Hoc Task Force reports to Library Council.
At its May 12, 1999 meeting, Library Council appointed the Ad Hoc Task Force on Maps and Spatial Data/GIS from a list of volunteers.
- Darlene Hildebrandt
- Dave Kolva
- Alison Manning
- Ingrid Mifflin
- Joy Suh
- Sharon Walbridge
Report due date:
LC would like to have your final report by January 1, 2000, but would like to see a progress report by September 30, 1999.
Report accepted by Library Council October 27, 1999
LC: Ad Hoc TF on Maps & Spatial Data/GIS Charge