Public Relations and Marketing Working Group
- To develop consistent, system-wide policies regarding PR and marketing initiatives, including an overall Public Relations plan for the Libraries.
- To work in conjunction with Development Office in LAO to identify and address issues related to the provision of PR and marketing to the Pullman campus.
- To help plan public relations and marketing events and campaigns.
- To coordinate with and among working groups working on public relations and marketing efforts. Work with Development Office as needed.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of public relations and marketing efforts as needed and to make recommendations on further efforts.
- To act as a sounding board for public relations and marketing proposals.
- Publicize ongoing and special activities (such as general information services, programs, events, etc.) in the Libraries, on campus, and statewide.
Meetings will take place once a month, but will also take place “as needed” to facilitate planning of events.
- Membership to be appointed by Associate Dean of Libraries
- Development Coordinator (ex-officio)
- MASC Graphic Designer (ex-officio)
- Five volunteers from a broad cross-section of library units (chosen by the Associate Dean of Libraries after soliciting volunteers)
Membership Terms will be staggered two year terms.
The Public Relations and Marketing Working Group reports to the Associate Dean of Libraries. The working group will select its own chair for a 6-month minimum term of office and will meet regularly or as needed. The group will coordinate its activities with other working groups, the Development Office in LAO, and library departments, as warranted. Working groups will establish procedures and make policy within the scope of their responsibilities. Working groups are accountable for their decisions and are expected to share decisions with library colleagues using the standard working groups procedure. Any proposals with very broad policy implications will need Associate Dean of Libraries approval. The chair of the working group is expected to meet with the Associate Dean of Libraries as needed, and to update Associate Dean of Libraries on the working group's activities on a regular basis.
- To conduct periodic environmental scans to assess PR and marketing initiatives taking place within the libraries and to assess the need to provide PR and marketing on library resources, events and programs, and the quality of the services being provided.
- To advise the Library units on the implementation of policies related to PR and marketing and to work with the Libraries’ Development Officer.
- To manage the funds assigned to the group.
- To disseminate information on public relations and marketing and initiate information and training sessions related to public relations and marketing.
Approved by DAC: (03/28/2007) Revised 12/18/2012