Food, Drink, & Tobacco
- Food and beverages are allowed in the WSU Libraries.
- All who use the Libraries are expected to be responsible and courteous to others by disposing of trash and recyclables and by cleaning up any messes.
- No food or beverages are permitted in Manuscripts, Archives and Special Collections (MASC), Terrell 103, or Owen 319D.
- Tobacco products and alcohol are not allowed in the Libraries.
Observance & Enforcement:
All library employees are expected to abide by the Libraries Food, Drink and Tobacco Policy.
Supervisors will inform student workers of the policy and enforce it rigorously. Non-adherence to the policy can result in appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
All library employees will enforce the policy when they observe violations:
- Patrons who create food and drink related messes will be asked to clean up those messes.
- If a violator refuses to abide by the policy, the library employee will ask to see his or her ID card and note the name and WSU ID number. (All employees are empowered to seek this information from anyone on campus at any time) Send the name and ID to the Assistant Director for Public & Research Services. Repeat offenders will be reported to living groups, Student Affairs, or other authorities.
- New employees will receive information about observing and enforcing the Food, Drink and Tobacco Policy as part of their orientation.
The WSU Libraries reserve the right to reconsider their food and drink policy.