GIS Service Policies
- Two GIS & Spatial data workstations are available: one in the Holland and Terrell Libraries at MM&R (Media, Materials, and Resources), and one in the Owen Science and Engineering Library. Each is available whenever that library is open to the public.
- Users must save all work to a flash drive or to a shared folder; one can also email work to themselves. The workstation drives will be cleared regularly of user-created files. For more information please contact the libraries at email@example.com.
- Learning opportunities (tutorials, listservs, discussion groups, etc.) are listed on GIS Training Resources page. In-depth user training will not be provided by WSU Libraries.
- Guides & Manuals for GIS are available at the GIS stations and other GIS-related materials will continue to be added to the general library collection. Search Griffin for available titles.
- Librarians will provide help in locating and accessing data sets, converting data for use with ArcView, and answering general questions about ArcView. If questions cannot be answered librarians will provide referral to help through appropriate sources.
- To make an appointment with a librarian send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lists providing GIS classes and other training possibilities and other general information about GIS are maintained.