- Last name, First initial. Year of publication. Title. Publisher, City, State of Publisher.
Dzombak, D.A., and F.M.M. Morel. 1990. Surface complexation modeling: Hydrous ferricoxide. John Wiley & Sons, New York.
Doty, W.T., M. Amacher, and D.E. Baker. 1982. Manual of methods: Soil and environmental chemistry laboratory. Rep. 121. Dep. of Agronomy, Pennsylvania State Univ., University Park. Food and Agricultural Organization. 1994. Production and trade yearbook, 1993. FAO, Rome.
Book with Corporate Author:
- Corporate Author. Year of publication. Title of book. Location of publisher. Publisher.
California Certified Organic Farmers. 1995. California Certified Organic Farmers certification handbook. CCOF, Santa Cruz.
- Chapter authors Last name, First initials. Year. Title of chapter. Page numbers. In Book editor (ed.). Title of book. Publisher. City and State of publisher.
Buresh, R.J., P.C. Smithson, and D.T. Hellums. 1997. Building soil phosphorus capital in Africa. p. 111-149. In R.J. Buresh et al. (ed.) Replenishing soil fertility in Africa. SSSA Spec. Publ. 51. SSSA, Madison, WI.
Book with an Editor
- Editor(s) Last name, First initial. Year of publication. Title. Edition. Publisher, City, State of Publisher.
- Article authors Last name, First initials. Year. Title of article. Page numbers. In Encyclopedia editor(s)(ed.). Title of encyclopedia. Volume. Publisher. City and State of publisher.
Salisbury, F.B. 1981. Response to photoperiod. p. 135-167. In O.L. Lange et al. (ed.) Physiological plant ecology: I. Responses to the physical environment. Encyclopedia of plant physiology. Vol. 12A. Springer-Verlag, Berlin.
Thesis or Dissertation
- Last name, First initial. year. Title of thesis/dissertation. MS Thesis or PhD Diss. Name of University. Location.
Maraqa, M.A. 1995. Transport of dissolved volatile organic compounds in the unsaturated zone. Ph.D. Diss. Michigan State Univ., East Lansing.
Koenig, R. T. 1990. Decomposition, nitrogen mineralization, and plant utilization of mineralized residue N in a subarctic agricultural soil. MS Thesis. Univ. of Alaska, Fairbanks.